- Monitoring and maintenance of system health which consists of system network and production applications.
- Installation and upgrades of both hardware and software, installation of system patches.
- Maintenance of company mail servers and web servers.
- Maintenance of Virtual Machine instances.
- Resolving problems experienced with hardware, network, operating systems, applications, including database, DNS and FTP.
- Administration of SQL Server databases, including backup and recovery procedures. SQL Server troubleshooting and monitoring.
- Management of LAN connections, Internet connections, firewalls and routers.
- Ensuring data integrity in production environment.
- Backing up data as well as testing disaster recovery procedures and policies.
- Utilizing collected data to proactively plan capacity and performance improvements.
- Escalate hardware and software problems to vendors.
- Ongoing documentation of IT systems and procedures.
- This position requires occasional after-hours support in emergency cases.
- Candidates should have a bachelor's degree in a related field.
- Experience with configuring Cisco routers, switches, and firewalls.
- Build, install and maintain Windows servers and work stations on a system network.
- Install and maintain VMWare hosts and virtual machines.
- Experience with MS Exchange and mail servers.
- Experience with IIS and SQL Server is preferred.
- Storage system experience is a plus.
- Sound verbal and written communications as well as active listening skills.
- Candidates must be meticulous, self-motivated and demonstrate versatility and swiftness in isolating issues.
Salary: $70,000 - $90,000 per year (plus benefits).
Please Note: No agencies, phone inquiries, or walk-ins.